Sunday, November 18, 2012

Small Self Learning Converted Course Booklets another Component of Mobile Learning ?

November is ending there should be something new learnt every named time slot as it should be everyday, per weekend, per week, per month and per year!

I did not really focus on what I learnt in the various times slots as above until over one weekend when thinking about the aftermaths of an exhibition I had been to. It started with after fighting the need to check out tent next to me thinking keeping myself busy that it could find them anyway where since  the organisation is in the health world a section world small that you bump into each very often.

But my anxiety gave in and went over this time telling myself- "well what i could learn from their work?"  And yes I did learn something. My current position is that  I am a distance learning officer at a prestigious institute and I am supposed to make innovations there from my years of expertise as a distance learning trainer.  When I hear of a training institute thus it intrigues me learning from them to see what i can bring aboard in my institute and there I was.

When I was given a guest book to sign I said what I wanted- "training", now i think about it, i should have written partnership. I was excited about the training I would be contacted for and then flip it around and propose a possible partnership for online training introduction into the organisation. But then I realised that so much of the training is conducted with a greater percentage of people from the rural areas.

This brings me to the point issue of this blog. With the increasing technology, we focus so much on internet learning, mobile learning but in our chase we forget that the biggest percentage of persons who need the resources are from the rural areas especially in Africa/developing countries where the technology infrastructure is yet to gain the state it needs to host the fast changing technology and catchup with the developed world.

But then with the increasing knowledge shared on the internet, we have an opportunity to convert the freely available material than before into small booklets of self learning from anywhere as an integrated component of mobile learning (which is not just on the use of gadgets but learning from anywhere). This would result into a lifetime continuous learning.  These materials booklets would range from aspects of social media booklets, computer booklets, nursing booklets, accounting booklets, well written in a classroom form for learning.

This is my next drive for the next months to see more self learning booklets up for grabs especially in the health sector!

It would be interesting to hear your opinion and thoughts on this.... if its off the hook of the e/m learning components today! huh
xoxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment