Thursday, September 20, 2012

Online/Mobile Learning is finally here!

Oh here I am back again- after about 4 years I finally get people of my same thinking years back interested in my material blog post!

I last checked this blog the year it was created until this year it followed me up when I was checking my internet profile- well to check how well I was doing on the internet ;)p.
I was just  curiously checking how this small seed in  this huge ocean  was trying to survive the bouncing waves not to sink down.

I must say I wasnt doing very great but just fine- thats if you are blessed to have about a minimum of 20 google slides linked to your name ofcourse some have now thousands.
A midst all my curiosities,  I  also found this interesting elearning blog in one of my trail profiles- I was like whoa- who wrote this?
Only to realise it was me! mmmm I know what your thinking :)beans
I did not take it serious but laughed at myself- what were you thinking woman!

But then- my online class recently required a blog post and which better blog was there to use than catching up with my old friend again! I actually had no better way to proceed with my old friend after reuniting- but
Thanks to my online class ( http://mobimooc.wikispaces.com/a+MobiMOOC+hello%21 ) .

What I am I driving at?
Over the years people were tied to the conventional system of doing things including learning. Like some say the internet was already there even in the 80s but was not recognised until the millenuim. Elearning/online learning (an internet based learning)  which is now shifting to Mobile Learning (using of different mobile devices for learning not just desktop computers)  has already been here over the years including the social media/network platform interactions- but people were just reluctant to adopt them. Now that their time is here, its like an economic boom.

At the time I wrote this blog there was not much real interest and I lost gas of working on my blog over the years. But if I had been patient and informed the different persons about the changing future trend- I would be one of the most experienced experts in this evolving field today.

However, the future is now brighter for me- with the changing new technology involving with use of more internet and mobile usage, I am sure I have a lot to tell my new friends in this field.

Now- I dare some of you to go and try out my curiosities too- you might find something interesting even may be a history to fall back to like I did. 

Some closets with skeletons are bad to open but there are closets nice to open as their skins may still be intact...

Success!

6 comments:

  1. This is just great Carolyn, what a truly wonderful and personal narrative of how technology for learning is adopted with a slight delay, and how your writing evolves with it.
    I am sure your already obvious expertise will rise to the top in no time... you are here already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Inge your an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Karolyn,

    I made a similar experience with my blog. After finish my study, I simply did not know what to write in my blog and I did not blog for a while. Not as long as you ;-). My blog finally came back to life when I started with my first MOOC and now the MobiMOOC from Inge. As you mentioned the field of e-learning now shifting to mlearning is on constant move giving us plenty of writing material. Looking forward to read more.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you Sylvia! haha now I am getting audience- your giving me energies to write more. Actually I have to learn to be a constant blogger to move with the shifting tech....

      Delete
  4. Hi Karolyn,
    I love your honesty, and I think that is the essence of a good blog to be true to yourself at that single moment in time. Like you said it is surprising and yet lovely to catch up with your old self and reflect on how much we have grown on our journey. Keep it up!
    Elizabeth, ET_Russell (MOOC 2012)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Liz, your words are encouraging for my continuation.

    ReplyDelete